Roasted corn is the star of this creamy, cheesy Tex-Mex Fresh Corn Dip, laced with cumin, a touch of jalapeño, and fresh cilantro. Served chilled with tortilla chips, it’s a perfect appetizer or snack for any summer cookout or get-together!
Yield: Approximately 6 to 7 cups
4 cups fresh roasted corn (from approximately 5 corn cobs)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 to 3 fresh jalapeños (seeds and membranes removed), finely minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (more or less, to taste)
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- You may use frozen (thawed) corn or canned corn (regular or Mexicorn) in place of the fresh roasted corn.
- For a lighter variation, you may substitute Greek yogurt for up to half of the mayo/sour cream combo.
- I prefer using freshly grated cheese, but your favorite bagged cheese will work fine.
- My family did not find this dip to be spicy using two jalapeños with seeds and membranes removed. Feel free to increase the number of jalapeños for extra spice, or leave the seeds and membranes intact for some real heat. You may also use pickled jalepeños instead of fresh for a different type of flavor, if you wish.
- The flavors in the dip will intensify and blend after it’s been allowed to chill for awhile. It won’t taste quite as good if you serve it right away.